Sunday, August 16, 2009

Deep Unto Deep

"And O God, give me one grace, I pray. Give me the grace to give myself in prayer once again tomorrow. To believe that it matters. To put my heart before You though I feel so unproductive and unfruitful. Give me the grace to spend tomorrow once more before You in love. For I can think of no more noble way to spend a day than to spend it with You, whether I feel Your nearness or not. Oh, help me in the times of fainting. Give me the grace for one more day."

"The Lord does not despise our weakness as we so often imagine. He is not caught off-guard by our frailty. Quite the contrary, as Creator and Savior, He loves and enjoys the process of our finding our strength in Him and learning to lean into Him. It is in our weakness that His strength is made perfect (2 Cor. 12:9), and it is out of weakness that we are made strong (Heb. 11:34). he has set up His kingdom with the inclusion of our weakness. . . [He] embraces us in this place as He beckons us to continually lift our weak voice and our weak gaze in prayer and communion with Him."


excerpts from Deep Unto Deep, by Dana Candler

No comments: